Saturday, April 2, 2011

Foot- Cleveland Film Festival Experience


Going to the Cleveland Film Festival was a blast. It wasn't hard for me to choose a movie because as soon as I saw one about an elephant I knew I had to go to it. I invited my brother to go along with me and we had a great time. I had no idea where the festival was, so I was shocked to pull up to Tower City when my GPS said, "You have reached your destination." Had I known it was so close to Progressive field and the Q, I would not have worried as much about getting lost.

When we got there, we walked around and looked at all of the booths set up for the festival until it was finally time for the movie to begin. When we sat down there was a man sitting beside me with a name tag that said "Director" on it. My brother told me to ask him if he was a director, so I did. He proceeded to tell me that he was the director of the movie we had come to see, One Lucky Elephant. Unfortunately, he was just kidding, and I was so embarrassed for asking and then believing him. He then told me that you could by different passes for the festival. He bought the director pass and could watch movies opening and closing night as well as get into multiple movies a day. I thought that this was pretty cool if you were staying in town and wanted to watch a lot of the movies. The passes were pretty expensive, though.

When the movie started, the sound was awful. You could tell that only the front speakers were working, and they were extremely quite. They ended up restarting the movie 3 or 4 times to get it to work and a lot of people left frustrated. I am glad Aaron and I decided to stay because it was an awesome movie.

The movie was really good. It was about an Elephant named Flora who was raised by a man in charge of a circus. As she and her owner grow older, questions start to be raised about what is best for her and a journey to find her a new home starts. It was a documentary.

After the movie, we were able to sit and listen to the director talk about the movie. She had just arrived in Cleveland while the movie was playing. It was really interesting to hear her take on the film and what inspired her to make it.

The Cleveland Film Festival was a really good experience for me. It is definitely something that I will be hopefully continuing to go to throughout my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment