Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Foot- Pleasure Reading: LOST



All this talk of Lost got me in the mood to try and re-watch it. When it was originally on T.V. my brother and I watched it and LOVED it.... for the first 2 or 3 seasons. I would literally cut out all of the articles and pictures about lost from the TVGuide and posted them all over my room. Then I stopped watching it. I really don't know why. I think it had to do with how confusing it got. But now I have started it again, and I just finished season one about an hour ago. I dragged my husband into watching it with me and he is addicted as well.

After watching the clip in class the other day, I am more aware of how the show was made and the things that happened behind the cameras. I am more aware of how the scenes are shot and the sound effects that are used. It is a wonderfully made show. It would be great to use in a classroom when talking about film like we did in Ms. Foot's class. It has great examples of how the director and people behind the scenes can make a show or movie great.

2 comments:

  1. I think another great thing about Lost is the fact that there's so much to discuss. There are a lot of allusions to classical literature and different texts. Even the titles of some of the episodes include allusions to classical literature. For example, the episode entitled "White Rabbit" refers to Alice in Wonderland and the episode entitled "The Man Behind the Curtain" refers to the Wizard of Oz. It's really interesting to learn about all these connections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this show, up until the 4th season. So once you get to the third you can stop. But it was really nice in class getting the see the first scene again, knowing what was going on and being able to understand the film elements. I'm starting to notice film elements with other movies and television shows as well. ie: Dexter and Titanic!

    ReplyDelete