Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Foot- Pleasure Reading: The Hunger Games

Thanks to spring break, I have FINALLY finished the Hunger Games and all I can say is OMG. Literally. If anyone is on the fence about reading these books, hop that fence, run to your nearest bookstore, and get to reading. The story is amazing. The characters are lovable. The issues the book makes you think about are chilling. Also be prepared to cry a lot. I bawled for the last three chapters of Mockingjay. As much as I wish that I could write about what I thought about this book in detail, I wont. Doing so would ruin the books for you, and I refuse to do that. So all I can really say is that they were amazing.

I am really excited for the movies to start coming out next year, but I am also very nervous about how they will portray the books. So many movies made from books have been completely disappointing and some have even ruined books altogether for me. Looking on the bright side and hoping that the movies will be just as amazing as the books, thought I would share my picks for actors for my two favorite boys (team Peeta all the way:)


Alex Pettyfer = Peeta


Gaspard Ulliel = Gale

One of my favorite characters in the book is Haymitch. Although he is a drunk and is inebriated through a good portion of the novels, he is amazingly loveable. I think that he cares a lot about Peeta and Katniss, and although he makes them mad a lot, he always has their well-being in mind. Besides the main characters, I am really interested to see who plays Haymitch. They need to cast someone that can get his character just right because I think he is extremely awesome and important to the story.


2 comments:

  1. So glad you got the time to finish them!! I knew you would love them exactly because of the points you said. The plot is good and pretty original. The characters are lovable and real. This will definitely be a series that I keep on my books shelves and re-read until the binding breaks. Then I go and buy a new copy, like I've done with Harry Potter.

    I like your picks for actors. I definitely want them to go with relatively unknown actors, that way the movie can stand on its own and not on the popularity of the actors. It's the same with Harry Potter or Twilight. While some of the actors were already famous, most were unknown and the movies were forced to either survive or flop on their own. Of course, I think The Hunger Games will survive, but my big issue is that I hope it doesn't get quite the cult following as Twilight did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also LOVED Cinna! I want him to be played by either Hugh Laurie or Cillian Murphy. They already cast Katniss as Jennifer Lawrence, which I am not sure about, but who knows. They also cast Prim and Rue, so I would go to imdb.com and check it out! Also, we can totally geek-out about The Hunger Games anytime!

    ReplyDelete